Monday, January 3, 2011

Jan 3, 2011

Wow, it has been a while since I came on here and updated my blog, hasn't it?

Well, let me start with the news of the day.
I finally found a job with an airport, which as many of you know, has become a major goal of mine. Not only did I land a position that was within my educational experience, I was sure I wasn't going to get it. And yet, here I am in a new town and at a wonderful new job.

Also, I finally got to come to Texas to Stay. You wouldn't believe the change in culture between Florida and Texas. I used to think that Florida was kind of laid back, but here in Texas, I have found it to be almost a whole other culture. Football is KING around here. You can't go anywhere in Texas without seeing the football lights lit up on Friday nights. And I have to admit, I thought our cheerleading squads were good, but to see some of these new squads out here, doing their routines, puts ours to shame. Then again, we never were allowed to put out stunt mats on the track.

The other bit of news is that I got a new apartment, with 3 bedrooms now, so I can spread out and actually feel uncluttered. I don't know how many of you still have to live in a one bedroom apartment, but I pity you. I did it for 5 years, and was at the end of my rope, ready to cash it in and get myself going to a house, in a dead end state, when this job offer came along. I have to admit, the 3 bedroom apartments are MUCH more relaxed, and much more comfortable.

I have to go to work in a bit, but I wanted to let everyone know I am alive, and doing quite well now. I will see about getting some pictures of the place for you, when the time is better. After all, who wants to see a messy apartment?

In the mean time, enjoy these new pics for you:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on "landing" the job! Thanks for the update and the pictures.